DTNVS - L3 Unfilmed (filmless) WP White Phosphor, Milspec.
|SNR: 36.4 / 36.4|
|EBI: 0.6 / 0.7|
|HALO: 0.7 / 0.8|
|LG: 64,446 / 62,818|
|PC: 2492 / 2469|
|CR: 72 / 72|
|FOM: 2621 / 2621|
|Spots: Zero / Zero, per L3 data sheets|
- SNR = Signal to Noise (Numeric)
- EBI = Equivalent Background Illumination (x10-11 phot)
- HALO = Halo (mm)
- LG = Luminance Gain (fL/fc)
- PC = Photocathode Sensitivity (2856k)
- CR = Center Resolution (line pairs)
- Spots: Listed on the data sheet as anything larger than .003”. Cosmetic marks at or below .003" are not considered spots and are commonly referred to as peppering (or pepper flakes). Absent spots, a certain amount of peppering exists in nearly every tube. Spots and peppering occur as part of the manufacturing process.
Q: Why do some pictures look more blue vs. green? Is one better? Also, some appear to be brighter than others.
A: Color differences are primarily caused by taking digital images of tubes and are not reflective of tube performance. Tube pictures are provided to show spots and cosmetic blemishes. White phosphor tubes appear white to the eye - not blue or green, though there can be very slight color variation among tubes.
Feel free to message us through the site if you have any questions. We're here to help.
The DTNVS binocular combines lightweight materials and a low profile when folded to the helmet which reduces neck strain during extended missions.
The DTNVS binocular has a full feature set with individual sideways ON/OFF for each eyepiece and Flip-Up ON/OFF when folded up preventing backsplash on the helmet. Additionally, it incorporates built-in IR LED for close quarter use with separate IR-ON indicator and low battery indicator in the field of view.
The DTNVS uses standard CR123A batteries as commonly found in lasers or flashlights. A single battery provides over 25h run time. However, as the pods shut off when flipped up and therefore halve the power consumption, most users report up to 35h on a single battery.
Like all dual tube goggles, the DTNVS provides depth perception and increases situational awareness over a monocular. Weighing in under 20oz the DTNVS offers significant weight savings over competing night vision binoculars and dual bridged monoculars. Although they are light, the DTNVS are more than rugged for ground use.